Thread: Weather
View Single Post
Old June 20, 2017   #755
b54red
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by adewilliams View Post
We got more torrential rain today! I cannot stand it anymore. It's been raining on and off for the better part of a month. I try to spray with GreenCure to keep down disease, but I have gray mold and other diseases (I can never tell most of the tomato diseases apart.) I was really hoping this would be my best year yet, but the rain says otherwise. I've always thought gardening should have the same motto as ABC's Wide World of Sports, "The thrill of victory... And the agony of defeat." This looks like it may be a year of defeat.
Know what you mean. I got up before dawn this morning hoping to get in the garden early. Walked out into rain. It is still raining and hasn't stopped for one minute today and more forecast for tomorrow. I was going to spray down everything in the garden with the bleach spray today but never got a chance. I hope it stops for long enough for me to spray tomorrow. The bleach spray is the only thing that works at all in this kind of weather and it is a slippery uphill fight at best. Fungicides are useless right now and have been for a month now so the diseases are really taking their toll. If this keeps up much longer there will be nothing left to fight for in my garden.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote