View Single Post
Old September 5, 2011   #10
lakelady
Tomatovillian™

I think I read Craig's method on the internet before joining TV, lol....I know I got the method somewhere and it does sound awfully familiar

My own limited personal experience taught me fast that seeds DO get mixed up. Being OCD and extra careful is too important because I would be pretty upset if I sent seeds to someone (and I only have 2 varieties I have saved myself so far, bought several dozen from Tania and others, got a few trades) and they were wrong. In fact, when I was saving the heirloom seeds of the little basket of tomatoes I got at a farmers' market, I did not label two jars and ended up putting a note in each packet for myself to remember that the seeds contained "either" the small white with the blush pink on the end, or the small squat heavily ribbed purple tomato. Next year will be a big surprise for me on those two.

I completely wash everything after the first set of seeds and even use a scrub brush on the sieve because it does have a teeny tiny lip that could potentially hold a seed or two.

Those links were great and thanks Craig for posting them. Always good to learn better ways of doing things from people who know more than I do about them.
lakelady is offline   Reply With Quote