View Single Post
Old September 8, 2020   #4
ddsack
Tomatovillian™

I'll have to differ. I normally use a Daconil product spray about three times during the fastest growing time for the plants in June and July in order to keep them healthy enough to get a good initial set of tomatoes, and keep enough leaf cover for tomato production into early September. Of course application will depend on your rainfall and humidity levels. This year I got lazy and did not spray. My plants were basically dead a couple of weeks ago, with only a few feeble green tips left. Many years ago when I tried to grow totally organic, I had two years in a row where my plants died off before I had any edible tomatoes. I am not willing to put in all the work and end up with nothing, so a few rounds of Daconil early in season lets me get a reasonable harvest. Have been using it for at least 15 years.

I see in your pictures above, you were asking mainly about peppers -- I have not had much trouble with pepper diseases, so I can't say that I have purposely had to use Daconil on them. It is a preventative leaf coating which prevents fungal attachment, not a cure.

Last edited by ddsack; September 8, 2020 at 12:54 AM. Reason: adding
ddsack is offline   Reply With Quote