Thread: Stunted growth?
View Single Post
Old July 2, 2017   #23
Dangit
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillian View Post
I grow in containers, my big beef as well as a few other varieties are easily 8 ft. And setting fruit nicely at the top although I will at some point have to top them. I am certain I look ridiculous standing on a ladder and also I worry I might lose my balance.

I haven't responded in this thread as I see that you are using TTF and I am not familiar at all with that product though I see on here that lots of folks are very pleased with it.
Also not sure what your potting mix consists of.
Hello Jillian,

Yes I do use TTF, but I'm not committed to it. If a better fertilizer or system comes up I will drop it like a hot rock!

My mix is a pretty standard peat, bark, pearlite thing with a bit of added compost. It wicks well stays moist, and the plants dig it.

Please tell me how often you feed your tomatoes, with what, and anything else you are doing differently than me.

I currently feed twice a week with TTF at the standard dilution, and flush with water once a week. All from the top down. The SIP keeps things hydrated between feedings. The rest of the garden is doing great. Just the height of the indeterminate plants is gone screwy.

I have a ladder and don't mind climbing it if I've got a reason to.

Dangit
Dangit is offline   Reply With Quote