View Single Post
Old July 9, 2018   #131
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonfarmer View Post
Hi Karen O,

We have crossed paths several times. I am in Mcminnville Oregon and have a similar growing season. First time growing tomatoes in Pacific Northwest. Am growing my tomatoes in the ground and transplanted them at the beginning of June.

It seems the season is really late. My question is on interminate varieties I am thinking I am going to have ripening problems. Do you turn the water off or prune the tops at a certain date. I think the end of the season here is going to be early October when the rains and frost begin.

Thx

Oregon Farmer
Hi again
I think it’s too early to know, it’s been a cool spring but the season is really just starting for us here with easily at least another 8-10 weeks of good growingvahead barring any big disease issues.
I don’t generally plant to top my plants or stop watering as long as there is decent weather I just let my plants do their thing. I am a gardener, not a commercial farmer or producer and I plant way more tomatoes than I need so generally by the end of September I am wishing it would snow so I can stop canning. Lol
KarenO
KarenO is offline   Reply With Quote