View Single Post
Old June 12, 2017   #2849
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by efisakov View Post
I had a weird situation last year and it repeated again this year with tomatoes in one raised bed. I think I have root aphids. Two plants about 3 feet from each other, one is dying and one is perfectly healthy. I pulled the dying one and it had white looking eggs like but slow moving things attached to roots. I killed them before realizing I should have taking picture of it. From research it looks like root aphids . Bad news.
Root aphids used to be a problem in the west. They are spreading with purchased soil.
Pyrethrin may help.
Root aphids, wow. That's a new one for me. I will have to Google that. Pyrethrins or permethrin(synthetic pyrethrin) will most certainly help.
I cut down the last of my tomato plants yesterday. Per Barb's advice, I am not breaking things down all at once. There us time, so I am doing about 1/4 of the garden each day.
The mangoes are going gangbusters, with all the rain we had my new pomegranate has established itself and is putting out new growth shoots.
Barb- 100 heads wowee! And they were huge, and delicious. Very special. You and Larry are amazing gardeners.

Barb,you don't solarize your EBs anymore?
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote