View Single Post
Old March 16, 2017   #202
Fusion_power
Tomatovillian™

I managed an hour working on the table saw today. I got the front and back rails measured and fitted in a way that will work. The installation instructions I found on the web describe how it should fit but are geared for another type saw. I had to make a few changes to get it to fit a Craftsman. It is simple to fit onto the saw, but requires very accurate measurements to get the fence to slide properly.

If anyone is interested, here are the issues so far.

When I aligned the back rail as per the instructions, the notch at the rear does not align with the blade guard. I checked the fit very carefully and decided that it makes sense to move the rails about 3 inches to the side. The side effect of doing this is that the square tube with the ruler will be offset the same distance. I can fix this either by moving the ruler or by re-drilling 7 holes in the square tube and threading the holes to attach to the front rail.

Because of the way my saw is made, I can only use 2 of the factory holes on each rail to attach to the saw. The holes are drilled for 3/8 inch bolts but the instructions also suggest drilling 1/4 inch holes and using smaller hardware if necessary. I prefer to use 3/8 bolts and avoid the hassle of drilling more than necessary.
Fusion_power is offline   Reply With Quote