View Single Post
Old June 4, 2019   #4
xellos99
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by svalli View Post
I agree with bower that the one you are holding is right size for harvesting. Three small ones on your photo look like large rounds, so those would not have more defined cloves even if you left them longer. I get quite often such from the smaller cloves of softnecks. Some may have a bigger round in the middle and one or two cloves on the sides.

Thermidrome is quite good keeper when properly cured. Up here those will not be ready to harvest until beginning of August and I do still have some, which are usable, even a bit dried. Even better keeper seems to be Mersley Wight, which I purchased from The Garlig Farm. https://www.thegarlicfarm.co.uk/product/mersley-wight
They have good selection of different varieties, but the darn Brexit may prevent me from ordering from them in future.

Sari
I am thinking of trying solent wight and mersley wight but I think they are later finishing so rust disease may be a big problem.
I got rust this year in mid May and I am lucky that the thermidrome is ready now before the rust spread too much.
One of my neighbours if a full time veg and flower grower and I think the rust disease is possibly carried by the wind from his garden.

What is the best way to cure them, I have researched it but it seems people do it differently
xellos99 is offline   Reply With Quote