View Single Post
Old July 15, 2013   #1
aclum
Tomatovillian™

Default mini-greenhous/shade house about done!

Hi,

Six (long or short - I can't decide LOL!) weeks ago, I posted a photo taken June 2 of the framework I'd put up over two of my elevated beds/salad tables on the patio.

I FINALLY pretty much finished things up today!! I still have to tweek stuff here and there, replace my drip irrigation, etc. but it's good to go for my fall prep projects - starting the fall tomatoes, doing some rooting, and maybe starting some cooler weather crops. Tomorrow, I'm going to start rooting some growing tips from my current crop of tomatoes that I need to top.

Like everything I build these days, it's pretty crude but workable ("if it's square, I ain't there" )! It's pretty much constructed entirely out of materials I had on hand. I'd come to sort of a screeching halt on the project wondering how I'd do the doors when our back yard neighbor decided to replace the old redwood fence between our yards, and I was able to score some nice fence boards and 2x4's. I mustered the courage to set up my old 10" circular bench saw (which I hadn't used in about 8 years!) to cut the wood to size. I think I spent about $50 on some fiberglass window screening for the doors and one end, plus some screws, cable ties, and other misc. stuff.

Anyway, I'm attaching the photo I'd posted earlier of the framework, plus some new photos of the screen house. As time goes on and the weather changes I'll probably adapt the coverings to turn it into a mini-greenhouse. Right now it's just a shade house and kitty kat exclusion zone. I also threw in a recent photo looking down a row of the regular garden towards the new fence the neighbors put up.

Anne
aclum is offline   Reply With Quote