Thread: Garden Dangers
View Single Post
Old May 6, 2012   #67
CinnamintStick
Tomatovillian™

That does seem pretty high but then I think most things on Craigs list is a lot higher than what I can get for poultry. I don't sell on Craigs list because I don't want all the creepy people at my house spreading disease and looking to see what they can steal. That's why I only sell at auction to strangers. At auction the same bird can sell cheap one month and high the next. I have been getting top dollar for my guineas. I think they are more known for killing snakes than peacocks. Last month I got $50 a piece for some extra males I had. That was the highest I have seen at this auction but I also have colors I have never seen sold at the auction. Personally I would never pay $50.

A lot of people buy peacock eggs (on ebay) and other large eggs for decorating. They don't care if they are hatchable or even fertile. I sell a lot of heritage turkeys. Many times the baby turkeys sell for less than the eggs I see for sale on ebay. I don't get it. Maybe I should sell eggs if it was not such a pain going to the post office. I don't know anyone that would guarantee hatching eggs of any kind since there is so much that can cause a bad hatch. My luck I would hatch10 females before I would get one male.
CinnamintStick is offline   Reply With Quote