Thread: "GMO" "Organic"
View Single Post
Old September 7, 2015   #19
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipetual View Post
And a hybrid tomato is just a first generation cross between two varieties to get a plant with characteristics of both parents. People have been doing it for a long, long time and there's nothing scary about it. The only downside is that saved seeds are more likely to produce plants resembling one parent or the other. If you want to have the same result as the F1, you need to buy more seed.

Honestly, a hybrid is such a simple concept that it really blows my mind that people confuse it with something as advanced as GMO seed. Grit your teeth and smile, I guess. At least if you get more than two tomatoes you have the last laugh!
This is because of all of the hype and misinformation on line today.
Anybody can get on line and say anything and some poor person will come along and take it as gospel.
Goggle Gesichhert and you will find people selling or buying Gesichhert Lugers.
The idiots see safe or secure on the safety in German and think it is a type of Luger.
Some people do buy organic seeds because they feel they are helping to contribute to the over all betterment of their environment.
They know full well there is no difference in the seeds but there is a difference form which they come.

It is a small squeak in a big roar but to them they are doing their part.
I commend them for this.
On the other hand dont beat up people that dont do it.
That is the key, tolerance and knowing when to not insult and leave folks alone.

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote