View Single Post
Old November 3, 2019   #11
Rajun Gardener
Tomatovillian™

What a difference 3 weeks make.
You can see the sediment on the bottom, this jug has a big dimple in the middle so you can stack the jugs.

The blackberry is jet black almost.

But I'm not done yet, I want to finish the mixed fruit wine for Christmas so I'm rushing the settling time. I racked it(siphoning it into a different container to remove the sediment) then degassed it which is removing the CO2 from the fermentation process by stirring it like crazy, added chemicals to make it NOT ferment(kill any existing yeast) again after i sweeten it and protect it from getting any ugly molds. Next I back-sweetened it, all wines are dry when finished so if you like sweet wines you have to add a sweetener to your liking, all wine companies do this. I used 1.5 cups of sugar and 2/3rd cup of honey to 3 gallons of wine. It's ugly today after working it but wait till tomorrow, it'll be as clear or better after I add the clearing agents. SuperKleer is like magic.

The taste test is a winner, it's smooth but has a little kick of alcohol on the back end, I can tell it's a fruit wine but can detect any specific flavor.

Last edited by Rajun Gardener; November 3, 2019 at 10:48 PM.
Rajun Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote