View Single Post
Old July 12, 2017   #99
Cole_Robbie
Tomatovillian™

Sure, my friend. The answer to your question has been an ongoing quest of mine for about six years. If you ask me again in a few years, I might have a different answer.

For determinates, Agatha is my best early red slicer. Aura is my favorite early red saladette. Taxi is yellow, and a huge yielder, but flavor is mild and underwhelming. I like Sladkij Ponchik and Babushkin Potseluy as other earler yellow varieties.

For most people who want a good early red tomato, Mat-Su Express is the best you're going to find, in my own opinion. Mark and Sherry did fine work in creating that variety. It yields well and tastes great at the same time, which is hard to find.

The earliest plant you could grow would be a microdwarf cherry. I was picking Anmore Treasures from my outdoor garden on June 2nd of last year. Small plants will make early tomatoes, if you sacrifice overall yield for earliness.

And of course I will have seeds of everything if you would like some. I will hot water bath them so they are free of disease.
Cole_Robbie is offline   Reply With Quote