View Single Post
Old September 7, 2010   #22
b54red
Tomatovillian™

I'm very glad to hear the success you had with the Clorox spray. If it weren't for finding this treatment I would have stopped or severely limited my tomato growing years ago. Another great thing about it is it can be used fairly often with no bad effects and you don't have to wait to eat your produce. It has seemed to help with all non systemic foliage disease on everything I have tried it on. So far I have seen no sign of diseases building a tolerance to it. Of course nobody is making a financial killing off it so it isn't highly touted like some products that cost a great deal and do very little.
The one thing it will do is kill the entire plant if it is totally infected with disease all the way into the new growth. I recommend using it as soon as the diseases are apparent and not wait for them to spread all over the plant.
Another good thing about it is I don't find it necessary to cut off all of the affected limbs because the spray disinfects them. I have not noticed the diseases spreading any faster when I don't remove the diseased portions of the plant. Eventually the solution does that on it's own by drying them up and they will just fall off after a while. It does look better though to get rid of them if you have the time.
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote