View Single Post
Old March 26, 2013   #1
Ricefarmer05
Tomatovillian™

Default Urban Farms Texas Tomato Food

Raybo's latest fertilizer experiment inspired me to try out some different fertilizers this year. One fertilizer that caught my attention is "Texas Tomato Food" made by Urban Farms (3.8 - 3.1 - 7.0):

http://theurbanfarm.com/tomatomagic.html

One of the main reasons that I am interested in this fertilizer is that it is water soluble. I use cages around my tomatoes and mulch with a thick layer of rice straw so working a fertilizer like Tomato Tone into the soil is a huge pain. Rather than go through the trouble of pulling back the rice straw on 50 plants, I usually end up just sprinkling the Tomato Tone on top of the straw and trying to water it in. However, I sometimes question how much of the fertilizer ends up making it down to the roots since my soil can become fairly compact.

For this reason, I generally prefer water soluble fertilizers because I find them much easier to apply. It seems there aren't alot of water soluble options out there (besides Miracle Gro) so I am excited about trying this stuff out.

I'll let yall know how it works out for me. In the meantime, I wanted to see if any of you have tried this stuff before...
Ricefarmer05 is offline   Reply With Quote