Thread: bleach spray
View Single Post
Old May 5, 2018   #297
b54red
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonHeat View Post
Thanks Bill

I am using the Walmart Great Value brand that is 8.25%. I mixed 6 ounces to 2 gallons.
I truly think I overdid it with soap.

I sprayed with Daconil 2 weeks ago and it lasted a week then rained so I came in after rain and sprayed the bleach mix. I had to travel a few days but at dusk last night I sprayed copper mix.
I am going to spray bleach mix again in couple days just on1 plant with most discoloration as you suggested then follow up with Daconil again on Saturday.
Houston with that strength bleach I would start with 4.5 oz to a gallon. I believe I ended up using 5.25 oz per gallon with that strength bleach for most spraying but would cut its concentration a bit for cucumbers and squash. Experiment with it a bit and see what works for your plants. Just take your time and give it 2 days to work before trying a higher dose. Sometimes the effects on the plant are not seen for a few days and it is better to wait than jump right in with a higher dose before you know what the results are.

Don't overdo the soap. You just want enough to act as a wetting agent so you get better coverage. Make sure to spray both tops and bottoms of the leaves and use as fine a mist as possible near sundown or at daybreak.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote