View Single Post
Old July 22, 2017   #13
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardeneer View Post
I ditched both Old German and Pink German.
I bought a German Queen plant (Bonnie's ). It was probably some time in June. Now it has about a dozen tomatoes, some as big as 6 oz, at about 2ft height. But it is dropping blossoms now, due to high heat. So far I like what I see.
I've grown German Queen,one of the most beautiful plants I've ever seen

http://tatianastomatobase.com/wiki/German_Queen

Notice when it was first SSE listed by Kodoma from Hawaii,she was a person that back then SSE sent seeds to do the listings.

Was it really from Kentucky?When you see it had an accession number of what,86, which means SSE was sent it in one of the first years after they started,that would be 1995 or 6,who knows about the reliability of what was said by the person who sent it to them, which we don't know.I could get my 1991 Yearbook out and check, but why bother now..

Fact is I saw the 1994 Yearbook near the top of piles of my Yearbooks and yes, she was still offering it, no comment about who might have sent it in initially,but aha,who else was offering it? NY MA C, that's me, who rated the flavor as just good, which is way down the list of adjectives I use to describe taste.

Carolyn