View Single Post
Old September 11, 2011   #3
Zana
Tomatovillian™

Ok...I'm home now....and am almost embarrassed to admit how much I bought today. I think I made a convert of one of my neighbours. She'd never been to a garlic festival before. But she was up to the challenge of taste testing all the goodies to be found there.

Got to taste allot of garlic varieties I hadn't before...yummmmm....incredible food....oooooooh yeah. Brought home 10 new cookbooks...ok new to me, but new all the same.....and then there are all the jams, jellies, chutney's, sauces, cheeses, garlic seed, garlic buds, and 2 bushels of tomatoes to make sauce....hmmmmmm....and as much as I'm scratching my head as to how I could spend so much, I don't regret it.

Even bought fudge with garlic, chilies, singapore or madras curry and pumpkin garlic....yummmmmmmmmmmm yummmmmmmmmmmm. Had the most incredible Bison burger with garlic chile squash relish and peach garlic salsa, as well as a garlic honey scone. Bought some pickled garlic eggs, pickled scapes, garlic and habanero pickles, garlic and jalapeno pickles, garlic and sea buckthorn jelly. Frankly....I could've overdosed on garlic today....and have died happy. LOL

Had to laugh....one of the vendors was trying to get me to try Armenian Garlic. But he was worried about the fact it might be too "hot" for me....lol. Told him that as an Armenian, I can't imagine too much garlic or too hot...so bring it on!

Am trying to limit my breathing on anybody who wasn't there. LOL Nahhhhhhhhh......not trying too hard.

Amazingly enough, didn't watch any of the presentations....sighhhhh....was too busy supporting the local economy

Did anybody else make it there? If you didn't too bad, you missed a great festival.

Time for a nap...and then to start prepping the tomatoes for the sauce.

Zana

PS ~ found out that there is a garlic festival scheduled for Sunday September 25th in Toronto at the Evergreen Brick Works. Its supposed to be the first annual one.
Here is the link: http://www.torontogarlicfestival.ca/
Zana is offline   Reply With Quote