View Single Post
Old March 29, 2018   #3168
DocBrock
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger2778 View Post
Mites. They may not be salvageable, but it couldnt hurt to hit them with permethrin spray. It's synthetic pyrethrins, only stronger. Pyrethrins are natural, ftom chrysanthemums. I use a 10% concentrstion, diluted into my 2 gallon sprayer at 2/3 of a tablespoon spray, and I also put in my diluted copper fungicide since thry are compatible and can be sprayed together. Mites need spray evrry 4 days for 3 times to kill the hatching nymphs.
Actually doing it this am.
In that MG soil if I look closely, I can see mites crawling around. Some are white, and some are reddish orange. I've not seen any evidence of them on the plants or stakes, like the little webs they make. That's crazy, I've seen them crawling but never gave it any thought that they were harmful. I just assumed they lived in dirt and were always around living a superfluous life. I've seen them in other pots too and the plants were fine. Maybe it's the fact that the beans were a much smaller plant and more likely to succumb to a mite attack. I might treat all of my containers that I've seen them crawling around whether the plants are fine now or not. Thanks for the advice.
DocBrock is offline   Reply With Quote