View Single Post
Old July 31, 2016   #63
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christa B. View Post
I am growing this variety this year. One ripened up and I gave it to my mother in law. My chickens ate one that was almost ripe (looked to be the biggest one I had) and I just picked 2 that are starting to get ripe so the chickens couldn't get them before I do. My husband is outside taking care of the chicken situation as we speak, making sure they can't get out of their chicken yard anymore. I brought the tomatoes in the house and weighed them, they each weigh exactly 24 ounces. I only have one Joe's Pink Oxheart plant and it has 24 tomatoes on it (including the ones I already picked). That is impressive (for me anyway) considering most of them are a nice size. I will be trying them soon. I really hope they taste good because production is really good considering how big they are. Most of them are not as big as the two that I weighed but they are still looking like they are a nice size.
Christa, I was going to post where you just posted about this variety, but maybe I'll go back,if I can find it and link others to this thread for the experiences of others and some back ground.

But with two recent posts here it may also appear on the front page,so to speak.

Carolyn