View Single Post
Old March 22, 2016   #8
TexasTycoon
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
I water all my plants with usually 5 to6 days of MG and one or two days of just clear water to wash out excess salts. I've never had a problem with using the MG. I not only use the MG, but every so often, I feed mine a tiny bit of epsom salt before a rain or I am going to water.

I feel for you. It is rough anytime you lose a plant, especially when you can only have a few. Nothing like the taste of that first ripe strawberry. Hopefully when you get one, your hubby won't beat you to it. ; )

There is a product that might help with your spider mites. It is a 3-in-one product. A miticide, fungicide and insecticide. I just don't remember if is made by Garden Safe or Bayer, but I have found it works good. You have to read the label for use on veggies though.
Okay, good to know the MG isn't killing them. We usually alternate between MG and clear water, and if I can't remember the last time I used MG I'll only put a half dose in just in case. No spider mites to be seen yet this year. That plant last year died so quickly that I can't help but think the mites must have been on it when we bought it and I just didn't see them. I've just started a regimen of spraying all the plants with a mix of water, neem oil, and DE every few days as a preventative, so hopefully that will help keep things under control.
TexasTycoon is offline   Reply With Quote