View Single Post
Old June 19, 2013   #9
Rockporter
Tomatovillian™

I think I should tell you how it went down for me at BBB. I went in knowing I was getting a Vitamix or a Blendtec. I knew a Vitamix and I had seen Blendtec at the Sams Club a few months ago.

The sales associate at BBB was very knowledgeable about each of the blenders on the shelf there. He told me about the Blendtec having presets and if you wanted your smoothie smoother you would need to set it one more time or pulse it. He then told me three restuarants in the neighborhood that used them.

He then told me about the Vitamix and how you had more control over what you did with your blender and also told me three restaurants that used them in town.

I then asked if he had a choice which one would he go for and why?

He told me that the smoothies from each were very comparable, but that for longevity he would go with a Vitamix and he also told me about the warranty.

If you do a search on reviews for the blendtec and the Vitamix, there are some comparisons out there it cleary states the Vitamix is far better for the warranty but if you wanted the machine to do it all for you the Blendtec would be the way to go. The warrantly would cover far less though on the Blendtec and they do not pay for shipping both ways like Vitamix does.

Vitamix is also made in the USA, so jobs for americans.
It looks like Blendtec is made in USA as well, more jobs for americans.

Here is one of the comparisons I was speaking of.
http://simplegreensmoothies.com/blendtec-vs-vitamix

~Margaret Atwood~

Last edited by Rockporter; June 19, 2013 at 10:13 AM.
Rockporter is offline   Reply With Quote