View Single Post
Old February 5, 2013   #14
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddsack View Post
Zana - you mentioned Krasnador or I wouldn't have remembered - There is a variety called Krasnador Titans in Tania's dbase. They are supposed to be good canners of medium to large size. I believe they are one of Carolyn's introductions.

Mine were much smaller, so probably not correct seed.
http://t.tatianastomatobase.com/wiki...b=General_Info

No, I didn't introduce it although Tania did get seeds from me. Perhaps I did SSE list it, I can't remember, but I wasn't too fond of it as I recall.

In the history you'll see the name Belfer and she was the one who made a huge seed offer for it in a gardening magazine and charged more money for it than I ever would have. Right now I can actually see in my minds eye which row it was in at Charlie's farm where I grew it. And I remember the leaves were very coarse and I remember asking Charlie if any of his sprays he used elsewhere on his farm might have been the cause of that, but no others being grown there of mine had that problem.

I think I got my seeds for it from Belfer but it was when I was a participant in a website called Garden Writers of America, or somthing like that. And there was an intermediary, I can't remember his name now, who was the person who got Belfer to make that seed offer.

Now I'm annoyed b'c I can't remember the name of that gardening magazine, not Organic Gardening, but based in CA and one of the former staff at ORganic Gardening was the editor.

Aha, it was Mother Earth magazine.

If I wait long enough I can usually, but not always, come up with a right answer.

Carolyn