View Single Post
Old November 6, 2018   #154
SQWIBB
Tomatovillian™

November 5th

I got a lot done this weekend and my back is feeling it.Got 80% of the wood stacked in the back yard over the weekend. If it wasn't for my Son and Daughter I would never get this done.
First piece I picked up there was a decent size Garter Snake. First I had to clean out and level an area for the wood.

• Ants, I'm really getting tired of these things!

• 1/2 cord dropped off.

• Cut back the Tabasco and re-potted to bring inside for overwintering.

• Built a pressurized clean out for the overflow on the rain barrel.

• Found a new home for my irrigation equipment.

• Installed another 4x4 post for some cable and ran another length of the vintage cafe lights.

• I finished winter prepping a few more beds, I wanted to wait for a winter kill of the cover crops but the yard is looking pretty messy and I need to get it cleaned up, that and the weather was so nice especially Sunday. The yard is so small that a few buckets and pallets and it looks trashed! Topped the beds with cardboard then compost.

• When the beds settle a bit they'll be topped with double ground mulch and get a good watering with some rain water and urea. During the winter, leaves, rabbit manure/bedding, bio-char and other things will be tossed on top as they become available.

• This bed I am doing a bit differently. Rabbit manure and bedding then cardboard, yard trimmings and compost. When this settles a bit I'll top with Ramial? Wood Chips. I plan on planting a peach tree in the right corner and may be trying mushrooms this year. I checked out the wood chips I picked up and they have a lot of small branches with buds on them, there's also a bit of green leaves in with them.

• Started another batch of bio-char.

• Re-potted all of the Mums in compost. Funny thing when were looking at Mums, Laura grabs the ones that are all opened up and look beautiful and I grab the ones that are just buds. Re-potted my daughters neglected succulents.

• Pulled some Leeks for dinner, one of our fall favorites.

SQWIBB is offline   Reply With Quote