View Single Post
Old April 16, 2007   #9
Bryan24
Tomatovillian™

This year, we had the best seedling ever. I think we just left them on the back patio table as soon as it hit over mid 30-ish. Moved into the sun during the day. And if it got REALLY cold, we moved them back inside, if they were still in trays. The potted up ones pretty much had to fend for themselves. After a couple of weeks of this, we moved the table into morning sun, afternoon dappled light, where it stayed. Got stocky, fairly compact little plants that were very happy when transplanted, no shock.

Last year, we used a fan in the garage, with lights. It worked well enough, but I think this years worked better for us for a few reasons. First, we're very mild climate, so we took advantage of it. Second, the plants required less attention than they otherwise would.

I did, however read somewhere, some time back, about a lady who used a feather duster, in addition to the fan, to brush the plants, thus strengthening and thickening the leaves and stem. Don't know if it works, though. We've lost our feather duster....

laurel-tx
Bryan24 is offline   Reply With Quote