View Single Post
Old November 27, 2008   #10
ContainerTed
Tomatovillian™

Ray, I just went back and re-read the instructions. My experience as a tech writer tells me this.

If I had never seen the instructions for your first versions, I might assume no cutout over the wicking basket. I also might not catch the importance of the mounding and packing of the wicking basket. You had a lot of emphasis on the contact of the wicking area to the main body in the previous versions. If it were me, I would add something (like the paragraph you wrote in your previous post above) somewhere near step 3 or step 4 on page 13. I think it's very important that you be crystal clear on the packing down and the mounding and its importance. The folks who have already made some of the original designs need something to catch their eye or they might skim-read and miss this important change. This additional paragraph would give you a chance to really emphasize the point.

Besides, if two or more people named "Ted" ask the same or a similar question, .......Well........you know.......... 8)
The Muddy Bucket Farm
and Tomato Ranch

ContainerTed is offline   Reply With Quote