View Single Post
Old December 7, 2019   #13
Old chef
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp View Post
All the above will more than do well for you. I also make "Sunday sauce" with the pork or pork bones and also add in a beef rib or three, makes the best very flavorful red sauce, though it is simmered for days. I'll usually start a Sunday sauce on a Wednesday or Thursday in a slow cooker ( so it simmers and does not scorch if I get busy) and cool it a couple times overnight, then heat it again, until the meat is an integral part of the sauce and the bones are clean.

Pork neck bones are also good with various greens and especially with onions and cabbage, slow simmered, both smoked ones and regular ones. There is a Polish ( I think it is Polish?) recipe with pork, cabbage, onions/ garlic, stewed slowly together and egg noodles added the last 1 minutes or so. Pork neck bones simmered awhile with aromatics of your choice and rice is tasty, too; you can add red peppers, carrots or ? for additional flavor and nutrition as well as color.

I've also simmered the smoked neck bones in some liquid, added rough chopped cabbage and onions, then after a bit when the cabbage and onion give up their liquids, add rice. Makes a sticky ish dish, but good as is, in lettuce wraps pr even rolled into a burrito and hallow fried with or without enchilada sauce ( verde).

Next time I'm in Wichata Falls, would you mind if I come over for lunch ?

Old Chef
Old chef is offline   Reply With Quote