View Single Post
Old October 5, 2014   #47
Barb_FL
Tomatovillian™

Another +1 for Nancy; the more the merrier.

So are you in FL from Jan-April? Lowes has really nice looking seedlings right now; SunGold, Black Krim, and others I have thought about trying too; They are $3.48

I gave my next door neighbor an earthbox last Christmas (they were new for me too at they time); she always buys her plants (the bigger ones $5 something) and I told her about Lowes had the plants and she didn't want to do it this fall; so she is letting me use it until springtime. What luck!!!!

I already planted a Kellogg and and KBX seedling - all my KBX seedlings died. This Kellogg was my healthiest one I have 4 EB dedicated to Kelloggs.

So my 4 EB with the old plants get a stay of execution for now. I'm noticing my seedlings that I started in early Sept (when we got back from Vacation) are doing so much better than the ones I started in July and throughout August. In the summer, I would start a tray (6) a week. But the ones I started in the early summer when I was experimenting with HeatWave 2, have done great as big plants (SunGold and BlackCherry, Matts Wild Cherry, and Tex which came back from the almost dead).

It is beautiful today - one of the 10 best days !!! Why we live in Florida.
Barb_FL is offline   Reply With Quote