View Single Post
Old May 4, 2008   #5
GreenThumbGal_07
Tomatovillian™

All,

Thanks for your replies.

I'm asking because I have limited planting space this year. Sugar Lump and Picardy are already potted and outside.

Neves Azorean Red - wow, what a tomato. It's huge and delicious. I was so impressed I gave it to my neighbor and urged him to try it (he's planted Omar's Lebanese and is looking forward to that one too).

Nepal - this is the one that (when I had it outside on the office patio) never made it to the kitchen; apparently people were eating it out there! Small, dense, and sweet. I guess it varies depending on where it's grown.

Muchamiel - I've never tried it, but I have read it's a favorite (commercial, open-pollinated?) tomato in southeastern Spain.

Saint Pierre - ditto, but in France instead. Maybe not a big commercial variety, but popular there.

Rosalie's Early Orange / Sweet Horizon - I purchased seed from Underwood Gardens, which sells it under both names. A local nursery used to offer it but I haven't seen their tomato list for this year.

Visitacion Valley / Visitation Valley - Pam Pierce called it "Visitacion" in her book Golden Gate Gardening.

So now I have Muchamiel, Momotaro, and Saint Pierre outside, and hope that I can find pots for those too. I hope to have maybe a dozen varieties but I want at least two. I want Andes also (needs a very large pot).

Thanks for the feedback.

GTG
GreenThumbGal_07 is offline   Reply With Quote