View Single Post
Old September 24, 2013   #41
antichevarieta
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dak View Post
LDx4, I hope you're happy with the Victorio, I do wish the plastic cone that helps filter the skin and seeds was a bit more durable, but overall, I'm really happy with it.

antichevarieta, polish linguisa does look like it would be a nice sauce tomato, is the plant prolific? This year one of the sauce tomatoes I'm growing is Costoluto Genovese, does that plant like to put out fruit! You've inspired me to roast some tomatoes this weekend. "Crepi il lupo" to you!

tlintx, this is so much easier that peeling by hand. Now, if they only had a machine that peeled roasted peppers.

ChrisK, I read the reviews on Amazon for the Victorio, B2B & the Roma, looked to me like more people were happy with the Victorio than the competition.
yikes..so sorry..i just saw your question..polish linguisa is great, very prolific.
here in italy i use about 70% tomatoes especially for passata such as polish linguisa, san marzano...and cook them with large beefsteaks that i have already sliced and baked in the oven to get rid of the water and also intensify the flavor. Even while you are cooking this mix of tomatoes, it is still important to keep ladeling out the excess water.
Also, heres a great tip for conserving..no need to boil the jars...after you have "passed" the tomatoes through the machine and have your sauce, boil it, fill the canning jars, turn them upside down and leave them in place for about a week.
this is what the italians do!!
antichevarieta is offline   Reply With Quote