View Single Post
Old March 16, 2007   #33
sirtanon
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3 View Post
Tom...somethin else you can easily do if some come up and you want to keep the dome down for those that aint up yet, get a bag of translucent 2-3 ounce plastic cups...take a drill press or a hand drill w/a good sharp bit (about 3/16ths dia.), and you can drill 3 or four at a time, drill em in the bottom and sides, then a sharpie marker writes on the cups well, jus pluck out the ones that come up an stick em in the cups an mark.
Gimme, I've used these exact same little cups. I think I buy an 80 pack or something like that, for about $1.94 at Walmart, and it takes less than 5 minutes to drill out all 80 of them - Small bit, cordless drill, stack 5 at a time and voila!

They're the perfect size for the Jiffy-7 peat pellets, but I found that I actually preferred just using my own soil-less mix with them.

Either way, the cups are very convenient, unless you're working a LARGE scale, in which case I would wager it could get time consuming moving around hundreds at a time.