View Single Post
Old December 10, 2018   #33
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

I will think about it more Nan.

I have somewhere near as many pepper seed varieties as I do tomato seed varieties. So why am I not sharing pepper seeds so much? What I have learned about growing peppers doesn't agree with what I've read on so many sites. It is safe to say that most of us know that tomato plants cross pollinate causing new hybrids. Peppers cross pollinate x10+ compared to tomatoes.

I don't know if the pepper seeds I have gotten through trades or the ones I've grown myself are new hybrids/crosses. I don't want to send others crosses - unless they understand that it's a possibility.

The other thing I have learned is what I have read countless times about pepper seeds having a 2 year viability life is completely wrong. In 2016, I grew seeds from 2007 that Worth sent me. I still have a lot of those seeds Worth sent to me. I would imagine they would still be viable.

I have thought about a seed giveaway type thing where those participating are knowing that they are trying to grow 10+ year old seeds. I don't know if that would be of interest?
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote