View Single Post
Old March 29, 2021   #12
b54red
Tomatovillian™

Gardeneer, go to Lowes or Home Depot and look for the light weight construction barrier bright orange fencing. It is very light and easy to handle yet strong enough to even use with cucumbers and it will last about two to three years depending on how long it is in the sun. The stuff is 100 feet by 4 feet and only around 30 dollars much cheaper and easier to use than most garden fencing.

Some of my peas are now up to 4 ft tall and blooming like crazy with some peas already starting to fill out. I may be able to pick a few by Easter. My later planted ones are only about a foot tall and haven't started blooming yet. I really got a much later start on them than I originally intended and had to keep filling in the blank spots. We had so much rain it actually hurt germination.

We had so much cold this year that it even messed up my Brussels Sprouts. Despite losing a lot of lettuce, some cabbage and a fair amount of broccoli all of which were covered my peas weren't damaged and they were uncovered.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote