View Single Post
Old July 27, 2019   #19
GoDawgs
Tomatovillian™

Okay, they say that imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. My imitation of your trellis is a far cry from how pretty yours is but I just wanted to see how good it was at keeping a row of peas from going everywhere! I hope so because just on the other side of the trellis the Lady Finger peas are wanting to reach out and touch everything!

I made mine from t-posts, poles and baling twine because that's what I had. I hope the baling twine isn't too slick for them to grab on to. Unfortunately the row is 18' long and the poles were only 8' long so I had to connect them in the middle with a short third piece.

These are the four rows of Red Rippers that just popped up. We’re in a dry spell again and I had to keep them damp until they sprouted. They’re planted in the same rows the corn was because it got dug up when I removed the corn stalks. Just to make sure it was loose deeper down I took the broadfork to each row before planting. The rows are about 4.5' apart as that's what the spacing was on center for those double rows of corn. More room for peas to run and hopefully a little room to for walking and picking!

GoDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote