View Single Post
Old July 28, 2019   #17
PaulTandberg
Tomatovillian™

My location is Grand Forks, ND.

I planted two Tasmanian Chocolates this spring.

March 16, I started the seed indoors.

May 30, the plants were moved outside. Taz #1 was planted in the large pot, Taz #2 in the ground.

July 25 I harvested seven fruits from the two plants (4 from Taz#1, 3 from Taz #2).

The fruit was medium-small (6-7 oz ?), nicely formed, flattened, and unblemished. The taste was good.... mild and sweet. Perhaps a tad on the bland side, but I am comparing them to the Jersey Boys I picked the same day which are five-star wonderful.

So far, (and there isn't all that much farther to go) I extremely impressed with the vitality, health, and vigor of Taz. The entire season, both plants have been vigorous, bushy, and healthy. They have less leaf disease than a couple hybrids planted next door to them. The plants look so good they could serve as accent plants in a show garden. I am truly (and surprisingly) impressed with the vigor and health of my two Taz's. They are causing me to rethink some of my tomato biases (I have not have not been impressed, until now, with the "heirloom"/non-hybrid tomatoes I have grown over these last twenty years).

Taz breeders, I am impressed! Thank you!

Last edited by PaulTandberg; July 28, 2019 at 02:03 AM.
PaulTandberg is offline   Reply With Quote