View Single Post
Old May 31, 2016   #37
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdambr View Post
Worth,
I would consider leaving more counter space between the stove and the sink, when you cook most prep work is done there or in the triangle (sink, stove, refrigerator). I love to cook and I am redoing my kitchen now. For functionality I am making this gap a little bigger, because I find myself doing all my prep work in the small space I have now between sink and stove. The fridge can be a little further as is usually the first stop then over to the area between sink and stove.

When I was suggested this, I disagreed.

Then I paid attention to how I cook. They were right, I basically only use that little bit space.
None of this is exact dimensions.
I have a program on my computer to do it and even walk around after you are done but I find it too much.

There is simply no way too get more counter space and a 2nd sink both in any area of the kitchen.
Much less any good amount of counter space.
I just got a brain storm I will be back.
I'm back.
This will work out great and I have two options and it will in effect close off the kitchen from the rest of the house like I wanted.

The idea of putting the cook top where the bar is, is out of the question for logistic reasons.

I also must point out that I am limited on what I can do.
There is a support beam over the bar.
This is what my pots and pans hang from.

When I come up with these wild ideas I always do it to full scale and test it first.
It is like the Christmas tree syndrome.
It looked a lot smaller in the woods or at the store.

Be back with drawing.

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote