View Single Post
Old March 12, 2013   #1
clara
Tomatovillian™

Default Rajče Tyčk/Tisk/Tyskove Hroznove = Zluta Kytice

This is a message to all members who either have asked Carolyn for this variety out of her this year's seed offer or whom I've sent seeds to earlier this year.

GunnarSc stated in Carolyn's seed offer for 2013 that Rajče T.H. can't be the true name because that only means: tomato - indet. - grape (in Czech language). I had got the seeds from private German seed saver Gerhard Bohl* who himself had got the seeds from a German nursery owner whose nursery is very close to the Czech border. (This seller actually doesn't list it.)

Gunnar tried to find out the real name in a Czech forum, but without success. Then, all of a sudden, while browsing some French and Belgian sites, I stumbled across it and I'm now sure for 99,9% that it's:

Zluta Kytice

This means "Yellow Flowers" in English and fits perfectly to the plant, as I had trusses of hundreds of flowers and nearly all of them produced a fruit.

So apparently it's a Czech variety; Tania who has already grown it, got the seeds from Australia via a Canadian grower.

Again my apologies, Tania, I didn't want to disturb your business!!

For the flowers, please go to Tania's site:

http://t.tatianastomatobase.com:88/wiki/Zluta_Kytice

and for having a look at what to expect as to the crop, please go to:

http://www.google.de/imgres?q=Zluta+...w=1297&bih=764

Sorry for the name confusion, but be sure to have an excellent variety - at least it was one in my garden and therefore I've saved seeds for Carolyn's offer. Tania says that the taste was good, I would say excellent and so did everybody who tasted it here. But as you all know: different climate, different soil, different taste buds...

If there are any questions - I'll do my very best!

clara

*Here is what Gerhard Bohl says in his "Sortenbuch" about this variety (sorry, it's in German):

"Eine gelbe Obsttomate mit extrem großen, extrem aufgefächerten Trauben von 150 bis 300 Früchten/Wickel. Absoluter Massenträger! Die Pflanzen scheinen nur aus Blütenständen und Fruchttrauben zu bestehen. Frucht wie 'Golden Currant', die Pflanzen bringen aber an jeden Fruchtstand mehr Früchte als eine Pflanze dieser Johannisbeertomate. Kräftiger Wuchs. Mittelhoch bis hoch wachsend, auf jeden Fall über 2 m. Fruchtgewicht etwa 6 g, Durchmesser etwa 22 mm. Eine Spitzensorte der Extraklasse! Vermutlich südosteuropäischer Herkunft."

PS: It would be very nice to get some feetback how Zluta Kytice has done in your gardens later this fall!
clara is offline   Reply With Quote