View Single Post
Old May 15, 2012   #197
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracydr View Post
I'm just always afraid to spray as I've had worse luck from killing plants with spray than from bugs. I did have a plant that I think may have succumbed to virus but all the others have been fine.
I pulled one at my Mother's in Scottsdale again yesterday. All the rest of her replacements look good.
So, Dsrtlzbn, you don't get leaf burn with your mixture? And, your sprayer doesn't get all gummed up?
Tracy,
The single biggest trick to not burning your plants( because I have done this too and had to find out about it) is to spray only early am well before the sun is intense, or better yet, in the very late afternoon, same reason. No intense sun equals no burn.The dried residual residue on the leaves won't burn it later, I promise.
Also, I found out after gumming up my sprayer, that if you empty all unused spray and run some clear water through the nozzle and cannister after, then it wont gum up. I always mix a tablespoon of soap in (after the sprayer is filed to avoid the suds),and I haven't had a problem yet with neem gumming up the sprayer.
Just needs a little prevention Doc
Hope this was helpful.
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote