View Single Post
Old June 13, 2018   #350
AKmark
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanburg123 View Post
Nice Mark!! The jury is still out on my Terhune 5.42. My plants got scattered on the ground during a thunderstorm while still in Jiffy pots. So I had 5 RL possibilities: Not Purple Strawberry, Dotson's Lebanese Heart, GGWT, Bear Creek, and Terhune 5.42.

One RL plant had to be pulled as it was a mule. As of today, I am only confident of GGWT- I can see the stripes already on the growing fruit. I don't know if Terhune has made the cut- but I can tell you that I have no megablooms on ANY of my plants this year- weird!
I get several megablooms on that variety, thinking of doing a cross with Big Zac f1 and doing some segregating. I have some stable BZ seeds too. My Terhune tomato I chose is growing like crazy, should make a decent size tomato.

I did let one sucker come out from the bottom, sometimes those can throw massive MB's, and this one did. I will be able to see something soon, it does look promising, so I may hack the chosen one for another. LOL

I also have another one I am going to be picky with, passed on several 3's and a 4. I also have two BZ F1 going, nothing exciting yet.
AKmark is offline   Reply With Quote