View Single Post
Old April 2, 2018   #9
zipcode
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southbound View Post
Thanks all for the feedback. To answer these questions: The grow medium was an organic mix-can't remember the exact one, I think it was Burpee's brand . Little seedlings took off really well, just now having a problem -most plants are 3 or more inches tall. I am trying not to over water- I have a hard time telling when or when not to water, but seems to me the best way is picking up the pot and feeling the weight of it indicates whether it needs water or not, may not be the best method, but I can't tell by just looking at the soil. As far as temp. , I have kept them in garage, mostly has been 60-70 degrees lately in there. Have them under 4' LED flourescent lights, about 16 hours a day. If this is "damping off" are there any solutions? Thanks very much for any advice!

Using weight as a guide to how much water it needs is the best way imo. If all cups use same mix just a quick compare can tell you which need more or less water.

Did you add any fertilizer or so recently? Damping off is easy to see at the base of the plant where it meets the soil. If it seems dark color or thinnedit's damping off. I'm inclined to think it isn't though. Not sure what it is. I'd use a different mix next year in any case.
zipcode is offline   Reply With Quote