View Single Post
Old May 31, 2020   #11
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannine Anne View Post
Hi Karen, thank you for the very kind offer.I am not sure just what varieties I want yet. I am trying very hard not to buy/collect more than I will use as I have tons of seeds already, I am just taking a new road with them and going a different route. .

I have been watching your postings since I came back on the forum, the work you are doing is interesting me very much. I have been trying to find the start so I can familiarise more with what you are doing. I have sort of come in at the wrong place., but so far I have not done so.

I have always had a soft spot for what I call the littlies, I guess folks call them micros but it is the work with the dwarfs I want to get to know more about. I believe you are doing both. Do you have any that are being sold yet, as I said I came in the middle somewhere.I am way out of touch with the forum so have missed a lot of info.

Way back a few years ago, I think, I remember you moving to the island but maybe I am mistaken, I can't recollect more than a tiny bit, seem to think you moved in the middle of the season??

Thank you again for the offer,it is very kind.

XX Jeannine
Hi Jeannine, yes, in 2016 we moved from the Edmonton area to Vancouver Island. Love it here and still learning how to garden here in such a different climate.
Between determinate and dwarf tomatoes you still have hundreds of excellent options for your garden under four feet so definitely explore the Determinate options as well.
If you are on Facebook, I still manage my gardener page

https://m.facebook.com/NorthernGardenerCanada/

If not, there are long unweildy threads here called the KARMA project, true north tomatoes, the short and sweet project and a few others. There are now 11 stable tomatoes I bred released so far and a number in the works.
I’m pleased you are interested and I’d enjoy seeing you grow something of mine sometime. Once you know what seeds you are looking for, pm me I’ll see if I have soMe
Take care,
KarenO
KarenO is offline   Reply With Quote