Thread: A Cajun Cooks
View Single Post
Old July 27, 2018   #9
imp
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajun Gardener View Post
I do have a recipe I typed up for a friend in NY!! It's good for all seafood.

Shrimp Etoufee
Ingredients
• 1 stick butter
• 2 medium onions chopped
• ˝ chopped bell pepper
• ˝ cup chopped green onions
• 1/8th cup parsley minced
• 2 stalks celery chopped
• 2 cloves garlic minced
• 2 tablespoons of flour
• 1 -14 ounce can diced tomatoes
• 1 8 ounce can of tomato sauce
• 1 can chicken broth(or water), Seafood stock would be better
• Season to taste with Cajun seasoning(about 2 tablespoons) or use salt, cayenne, black pepper and Greek or Italian seasoning
• 1 teaspoon of Old Bay seasoning, this makes a big difference in the flavor. It's basically crab boil without salt and it gives the dish a good background flavor
• 1-2 pounds shrimp peeled and deveined

Directions
Sauté' onions, bell pepper, garlic, and celery in butter until soft.
Add the minced tomatoes and cook to get the water out, add all the seasonings one at a time and stir them in the mixture
Sprinkle flour over veggies and stir to coat all vegetables, cook for 5 minutes on medium heat. You’re making a blonde roux at this point and it will thicken the gravy.
Add the broth slowly while stirring to make a gravy
Add tomato sauce and parsley, then simmer for 20 minutes. Add more stock or water if it’s too thick. If you accidently add too much stock it’s easy to just cook it down till you get the consistency you want, it should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
Add shrimp and green onions then simmer until shrimp is cooked about 10 minutes.
Serve over rice with garlic bread, ENJOY!!

You can use this same recipe for crawfish and fish, it’s also good if you add some diced hot peppers. Be careful not to stir the gravy too much if you use fish, it might break into pieces.

That sounds good.