View Single Post
Old May 11, 2017   #3
Jimbotomateo
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank D View Post
I've got 10 different varieties this year. I got a late start. I think I planted about March 15. I don't have a computer at the moment, and I can't figure out how to resize the pic on my IPad.

Pictures that are too big are one of my pet peeves, too!Mkaes it hard to read the text.

Not in order with the picture, but I have Big Beef, Big Boy, Better Boy, Golden Jubilee, Roma, Cherokee Purple, German Queen, Park's Whopper Improved, Arkansas Traveler, Beefmaster.

I am just now starting to ge a lot of blooms. A couple of weeks ago, we got 10 inches of rain in 3 days, and lows in the upper 40's. My plants got the crap beat out of them by the heavy rain.

The standout so far is Better Boy. Cherokee Purple is the tallest, Golden Jubilee is really taking off. Roma is doing well.

The one that is really sucking is the German Queen. Almost 3 feet tall, and no sign of flowering.

I couldn't get any individual pictures that capture how dense and luscious some of the plants are. Bout to start hitting them with Texas Tomato Food.
Gorgeous set up !. Love that rustic wall , is it concrete? Is the wall retainer for the hill in background?. Plants look great ! .. Son in law is gettIng excited about going home and seeing his folks . I haven't been to Arkansas since I was a kid. Your place is pretty.. Jimbo
Jimbotomateo is offline   Reply With Quote