View Single Post
Old June 26, 2010   #1
rxkeith
Tomatovillian™

Default bought Daconil, the battle is on

i have been watching the taters, and maters like a hawk this year, after having late blight go through the garden last year. i noticed some brown lesions on some of the potato leaves, a little leaf curling and a few shoots that shriveled, and dried up. i yanked 3 of the worst ones, and disposed of them, and am reconciled to spraying every 5 days to salvage the rest of them. the taters were looking pretty good up until now. the ones from tom have some pretty nice blossoms. the tomato plants are still small, but are at the ready to take off stage. they all look ok at this point. i bought some serenade to use as a preventative, but not sure weather using it now would help, or maybe alternate using the two on the tomatoes. i dislike having to spray anything, but i know whats going to happen if i don't.

i thought after gardening in the U.P. for 10 years, it was going to be a piece of cake coming back down to lower michigan. its been anything but. no blight of any kind up north, just deer, potato beetles, and a bear once that knocked down part of the fence around the garden, and hope you don't get an early or late frost.
we will see what happens.

keith
rxkeith is offline   Reply With Quote