View Single Post
Old March 10, 2012   #15
amideutch
Tomatovillian™

[QUOTEAmi - have you read anything that applies this concept to organic P? Generally, organic P becomes available very, very slowly. I can't imagine a situation where it would interfere with the Mycos.][/QUOTE]

Organic P Should not be a problem as long as you know whats in the growing medium to begin with. The optimum tomato fert ratio's of NPK is 2-1-3. So I don't know why anybody would use lets say a 20-20-20 anyway. As I said before any Phosphorus in the soil whether it be locked up or not the myco's will make it available to the plant so adding a high "P" fert just does not make since whether it be organic or inorganic.

Here are the NPK ppm formulations for a 3 stage hydroponic nutrient solution formulation targeted for tomatoes at different growth phases of the plant.

Stage 1 (Seedlings from first true leaf Stage till 14"-16" tall)
N=100ppm
P= 40ppm
K= 200ppm

Stage 2 (14"-16" tall till fist cluster fruit set)
N= 130ppm
P= 55ppm
K= 300ppm

Stage 3 (After first fruit set till maturity)
N= 180ppm
P= 65ppm
K= 400ppm

GH's Floramato fertilizer with a NPK of 10-6-18 is a good example of the 2-1-3 ratio which can also be seen in the above formulations. Ami

P.S. I have most of Jacob Mittleiders Books and his fertilizer formulations were based on inorganic ferts. And his grow box custom made soil (Aggregate)
consisted of a combination of Blowsand+peat, sawdust or perlite.

Last edited by amideutch; March 10, 2012 at 02:35 PM.
amideutch is offline   Reply With Quote