View Single Post
Old April 19, 2018   #42
SQWIBB
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by bower View Post
hi SQWIBB and Loulac,

So unless you invest in specifically horticultural LEDs - which are still quite expensive and out of my budget range - a simple shoplight swap out won't do it. I think there's further work to be done on the LED scene for hort, and also time for the price to come down. So I'm still waiting...
From my experience, I would have to disagree with that, as I had great success the last two years with 6000k led tubes.

(LED ONLY Grow table) Peppers, eggplants, leeks, Hardy Kiwi, Yacon, Bok Choy, Broccoli, Cabbage, Artichokes, Basil, Parsley, Lovage, Maypops.

The only thing I cant remember being under the led (only) grow lights was the tomatoes, they go on the table with 4500k fluorescent x 4 and led x 6 (2 led strips and 4 led bulbs) they are about 4500k and 5000k, but would have preferred 6000k, however at the time I didn't know squat about lighting. I will try a few under the LED only grow table next year.

I feel bad that you haven't had success with the LED bulbs but wanted to post this to let folks know that it does work and works well!
SQWIBB is offline   Reply With Quote