Thread: Canning Season.
View Single Post
Old October 18, 2017   #235
imp
Tomatovillian™

Its okay, I know the steamer you mean as it's the one I have been drooling over! I tell myself that I can't even really think of one until the kitchen is more cleared/redone and I get rid of the excess things in the butler's pantry. Like several 1940's to 1950's Mixmaster mixers and a bunch of FireKing I shall never probably use. It's going to be a bigger sorting job and one I don't want to do, but must.

Both the quince and the cherry cranberry sound good for savory dishes, such as pork, to cut the fatty richness of them.

Oddly, I don't buy grape jelly from the store as I don't like it, but like homemade grape jellies! The taste is more of the fruit to me. I have a fondness for buttered toast and jam.

Edit:

FINALLY got the sweet potatoes in the huge crockpot with the pork, now to cook it down a bit and check the seasonings again. Right now, have a 7 quart pot full, and will cook it down a bit, then use chicken broth to make it thin enough to can safely. Bet I get more than 7 quarts out of it. But, it will be so good when it is icy or snowing and I just want to stay snuggled in the house.

Last edited by imp; October 18, 2017 at 10:24 PM.
imp is offline   Reply With Quote