View Single Post
Old March 24, 2011   #35
Gobig_or_Gohome_toms
Tomatovillian™

I did not respond to this thread earlier as I never had any issues but sowed 15 or so saved seeds from 2009 of my black cherries and got zero germination after 6 days so I will be re-sowing this weekend along with Big Beef that I received in 2009 from TGS and only had about 4 of 20 germination (I do recall much better germination last year so not blamming TGS) but other then those two all other seeds are doing great.

p.s only other thing I can think of is mail sorter issues as I seem to remember my seeds from TGS did not have a buble mailer and did see some indentations possibly caused by mail sorters and my have harmed the seeds.

p.p.s. Other thing I might have had issue with was sowing the cherry seeds too deep but the sungolds seemed to have been just fine and that was Johnny's as the source but do not think they came bubble wrapped either.

Oh the joys and dissappointments of seed starting good thing I have more variteies then space so if no germination then I plant something else in its place.

Craig
Gobig_or_Gohome_toms is offline   Reply With Quote