View Single Post
Old January 25, 2014   #3
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Very Nice! I am no builder and neither is my Husband so We bought a Rion greenhouse to replace my little old 2x4 and poly one. Truth be told, I might sort of miss my little one because it was reliably easy to heat even up to -15 at night in a cold spell here in early April. I will need buy a second heater for my new one even though it's not very big either. I look forward to experimenting and learning how my new one will respond in our weather up here. I am sure you will really enjoy your new growing space. If you don't already have one, may I recommend you purchase one of those home weather stations where the sensor is outside and the temperature, relative humididty etc is read indoors on a monitor. I have one and I place the sensor out of direct sun in my greenhouse and that allows me to easily monitor the temperature in my greenhouse without going outside. works like a charm and they are not very expensive. As well, it's a good idea to have a dry run with the heater and monitoring before you put plants in your greenhouse so you get an idea of how it all needs to be regulated. and where to place the heaters for best effect.
It's a really nice looking greenhouse, great job of building it yourself, ENJOY!
Karen
KarenO is offline   Reply With Quote