View Single Post
Old March 25, 2011   #36
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by salix View Post
Alpine, I was OK up to the British Shorthair Association and the Royal Canadian Air Force...

I agree with those posters who indicate that it is good manners to write out the full name for any UNUSUAL acronym first, then go to the short form. (That is how we were taught to use contractions waaay back in the dark ages.)
I got the RCAF one but thought that BSA stood for Boy Scouts of America.

Yes, it is good manners, especially for any UNUSUAL acronyms as you put it, to give a full name first and then an abbreviation, especially if the variety is being referred to again in the same post.

I'm just saying that I can try, I can't speak for others, I have no idea who is even reading this thread, but I know me pretty well right now and I might just plain forget to do so.

After all, who was the person who was supposed to send one pack of red Prue seeds and one pack of a possible yellow version to each of two people this week and was informed that person A got two packs of the red, so I was hoping that person B got two packs of the yellow, and thank heavens that happened and now that's fixable.

With increasing age, and I'm quite a few years over Medicare entree age, often come moments of forgetfulness, which is why I personally can't promise anyone about anything.